Dodge the Shape BETA Dodge the Shape BETA

Oohh myyy gggoooood. this game is so good i had to get brain surgery because it BLEW MY MIND. Such graphics. Very game. so skills. Wow.

BlueWolfDevelopment responds:

LOL

Poop Inside Poop Inside

I can't get over how ridiculous it is that such a silly thing is so well polished. It's weird, it's fun, it's poop inside.

Call of 'Doody' Call of 'Doody'

I love it!

Statues Statues

Freaking awesome.

First of all, I love the creepy atmosphere you created here. The idea of being chased by something unknown is always fun, but this was just too cool. The idea was fantastic, loved the light mechanic. I liked the art. it let you focus on the gameplay and even in itself added to the atmosphere. Loved the creepy footsteps coming after you! The music/ambiance was fantastic as well. The little snippets of text were great too. This was great!

moar. gimme moar

rocket toss rocket toss

I was a little confused at first about what I was supposed to do until I read the author comments. You should include a tutorial page before starting.

The mechanic of the game isn't exactly something I would see myself coming back for, but I can see how this could be fun given the right tweaks.

From what I understand, the general idea is to drag your rocket across the lanes, faster than the other player. That's cool, but I was playing by myself. Would be cool if you could implement a system to play by yourself. Maybe if you could store past game data, and have the player match up against his/her skill level or something. Who sits in front of their computer with their friend? :P

I was also quite unsure the entire time how score was being kept.. and there's no reward system for any of this, that would be a great thing to implement as well.

Art was kind of a big meh. It's not terrible, but it feels rushed. I see what you were going for, and that's cool, I just think it could be refined. Sound was okay, but every time i'd go to a new page the loop would stack on itself. Which makes it horrible.

All in all, I can see potential, but it didn't quite do it for me.

Defend Your Trump Defend Your Trump

sweet game!

I really dig it! simple controls, nice artwork, tasteful music. All around visually, it was quite nice. I loved the color choices. The music was fantastic, I think some sounds would have been nice, but overall i think the absence of sound made it quite unique. The music really carried it through!

The gameplay was good, but I felt that there should have been upgrades for the player such as an AOE or something because it's really quite easy to get overwhelmed by an onslaught of "goons". It definitely feels like a survival game. I only got passed the second boss. After that I died horribly.

I read that this was kind of a revival so I doubt you have much use for criticism and honestly I don't think you guy need it cause the game is really quite good.

overall great game!

Dangerous Christmas Dangerous Christmas

great.. buuuuuut..

Not a terrible game. The graphics are nice, and for the most part the ideas behind the levels are great. Unfortunately it wasn't thought out enough. I played about 15 mins and got frustrated and quit. The biggest issue is while the levels look fantastic, they just don't work. There's not enough room to jump for the most part. Level design isn't bad, just the way it was executed didn't take into consideration having to actually play these levels.

I'd be happy to attribute my issues with the game to it simply being difficult, but it's much more than that. It was fun for a minute, but I couldn't get past the second screen. Might want to keep this in mind for your next game. Otherwise, from what I saw it was pretty decent.

AdventureIslands responds:

I've updated the game to make some parts bit easier, like the second stage.

Discount Mayonnaise Discount Mayonnaise

amazing

I saw this game on FGL a while back and I've been waiting for it to come out! I absolutely love this game. I'd like to see this on a console.

Everything is amazing. The music, the art, and the game feels amazing. Everything just flows perfectly. There's never ending momentum.

Joelasticot responds:

Thanks man! We put a ton of work on presentation and polish, I'm glad it shows

Concerned Joe Concerned Joe

omg :U

I'm going to have to go with some of the other people who have reviewed so far. This game is awesome. I can see that you put a lot of thought into designing the levels. The issue is it's so laggy I can't really enjoy it. I would love to keep playing through it, but it's so frustrating.

If you fix this issue, I'd love to continue. Only got to level 7 before I said "fuck it".

Everything else it great as far as I can tell :/

3D-xelu responds:

we promise Joe 2 will be faster than the speed of thought :D

and maybe with better sound effects... *wink wink*

Solar Strike Solar Strike

Room for improvement

I'm gonna just go straight into it, and I'm sure you know what I'm gonna comment on.. Not so great controls.. In fact they're extremely awkward. The art/design of the game is pretty nice. There were a lot of aspects that I thought were really cool, but the #1 thing you have to think about is "is this fun? are the controls comfortable?". I see from comments below that I'm not alone in thinking this.

It might be a good idea to take what you know now and apply it to your next game. Having people test a game before release would probably save you a world of headache. Loads of people on NG would probably be more than happy to lend a testing hand.

One of the other things I think could be added.. When you die.. It just says "mmkay game over.. restart of quit?" it doesn't show you your score, your progress, etc. It would probably be more interesting for people to continue if there was a leader board or even just a heads up "you had this much farther to go!" cause I can't really tell if this is like an all out survival mode, or if there's an objective.. And I played twice and decided I didn't really care.

Anyway, good effort.. Again I really liked the design in general.

SantoNinoDeCebu responds:

Ye I'm looking into the controls now since I think a game like this can still work and its what completely killed it.
The funny thing is i did send it off to quite a few people to try out, and no one said too much about the controls other then they take a bit of getting used to. I was expecting problems but not *this* much, to the point where no one will bother to play it.

Across the bottom of the hud there is a bar that's a map with a dot that moves along to show your progress and each blue circle is a checkpoint. Guess its not obvious enough what it is..

Cheers though.